A link Resolver is activated by default for every TDNet Discover site. Multiple link Resolvers can be created, with different base URLs for each resolver, in case this is required.
The link Resolver behavior can be configured via the Workflow option. These options determine the behavior of the link Resolver depending on full-text availability and whether the link Resolver is able to identify the citation.
- When full text available
- Show Resolver: Show the Resolver page containing information and other options related to the content, including access options to the content.
- Go to best match link: The Resolver will automatically redirect to the highest priority access option for the content as configured in the Resolver Access Options.
- When full text unavailable
- Show Resolver: Show the Resolver page containing information and other options related to the content, including a Document Delivery form.
- Go to Document Delivery: The Resolver will automatically redirect to the selected TDNet Discover Document Delivery form.
- Go to URL: The Resolver will redirect to an external URL. Open URL parameters can be appended to the URL using the placeholders indicated.
- Go to Content Route: The Resolver will redirect to the selected Content Route. See Content Routes for more information.
Various options are available for configuring the link Resolver page layout and content, for cases where the ‘Show Resolver’ option has been selected in the Workflow settings. The following Widgets can be selected for display on the link resolver page.
- Rich content: Free-form text, images, and other content added through an HTML editor
- iFrame: External content embedded in the page via an iFrame
- Access Options: Shows access options available for the resolved content
- Altmetric badge: Show an Altmetric rating for the resolved content
- Book Preview: Show a preview of ebook content (Google Books only)
- Citation: Show the citation for the resolved content in AMA, APA, Chicago, Harvard, MLA, NLM, and Vancouver citation styles
- Document Delivery: Embed the selected document delivery form within the link resolver page, or set a link to the document delivery form on the page
- Export Citation: Show options for exporting a citation for the resolved content to various formats and reference management applications
- Extra Links: Show custom links including text labels or images, with the ability to append OpenURL parameters to the URL using the placeholders indicated.
- Similar Articles: Show links to other articles from the TDNet Discovery index similar to the resolved content
- Table of Contents: Show the table of contents for the parent journal for the resolved article directly within the link resolver page.
Each widget has configuration options specific to that widget. In addition, each widget has the following options:
- General: Add a header and footer to the widget using an HTML editor
- Display: Modify the height, border, background for the widget and add custom CSS styles specific to each widget
- Resolver: Control the display of the widget depending on full-text availability, whether the citation has been identified by the resolver, publication type, and citation level
- Security: Control the display of the widget using Rule Sets.
Widgets can be arranged within the page by dragging and dropping using the graphical user interface. The overall page layout can be modified via the Layout button.